Monday, March 29, 2010

problem importing keywords from bridge

I have a .mrw image that I use Bridge CS3 to add four keywords a,b,c,d. When I view them in Bridge it shows the four keywords checked. I looked at the XMP file with wordpad and see them there as well. When I import the xmp file under Lightroom only keywords a,b %26amp; c are shown. I looked at the .xmp file in the imported file location for light room and the d keyword is missing from it as well. I tried this using a .nef image from my nikon and it doesn't seem to have the problem



Has anyone seen this problem before? Any work around?
problem importing keywords from bridge
I've done some more investigation on the problem I've described above. In the xmp for the image I have a keyword written by bridge of ''Sandy'' with the upper case ''S''. In the lighroom keyword list I already had ''sandy'' with the ''s'' being lower case. The import of the ''Sandy'' keyword in the xmp file of my image failed. If I removed ''sandy'' or renamed it ''Sandy'' in the Lightroom list then ''Sandy'' imported fine. If I tried adding ''Sandy'' in addition to ''sandy'' in the lightroom list I got an error saying that the keyword existed and the add failed. From that test it appears that within Lightroom ''Sandy'' and ''sandy'' are the same keyword, but coming in on an import they aren't.



Has anyone else noticed this? Is it normal?
  • bridal make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment