Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cannot open CS3 from Lightroom

Lightroom will not now open the image into CS3.

Worked OK before.

Any idea's, please.
Cannot open CS3 from Lightroom
This same thing happened to me and I too need help. lightroom no longer sees the release version of CS3 as an external editor. When the Windows beta version of CS3 was installed I had no problem. I am wondering if the method of uninstall with the beta has something to do with it. I used windows uninstall and then remove all remaining CS3 folders manually.
Cannot open CS3 from Lightroom
I think you may be able to tweak the registry to fix this. When I installed LR, it wouldn't launch CS2 and I edited the registry per a post on this forum.

Eric,



Do have an instructions on what to tweak, or a link to the post?

This is from the FAQs at www.lightroom-extra.com:



Lightroom does not recognize Photoshop CS2 - Windows



Perform this at your own risk.

Here's how to fix it:



1) Run regedit.exe from start menu-%26gt;run

2) Look for this folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\photoshop.exe



In that folder, there should be a key ''Path'' and its value should be the folder where Photoshop CS2 (or any other Photoshop version) is installed.''



If your registry does not have that folder, created it and add a ''Path'' key with the value being the path to Photoshop CS2:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\

%26gt;''I am wondering if the method of uninstall with the beta has something to do with it. I used windows uninstall and then remove all remaining CS3 folders manually. ''



The words of wisdom at the Photoshop forum are - use the Adobe uninstall app to remove CS3 beta before installing CS3. The uninstaller (which did not originally come with the beta) can be found at the Adobe site somewhere. It's specifically made for the beta. I don't have links to the article or app, just recall reading this quite a number of times while searching for info on upgrading to CS3.



- Pierre

I had the same problem with LR not recognizing CS3. I uninstalled CS3, ran the winCS3clean.zip program and reinstalled CS3 and everything now works. A rather long process but it has finally worked. Arthur

Hi,



Just wondering if this happens only to the Windows version? I'm using a Mac and I've got LR (beta) + CS2 installed. If I upgrade to CS3, what are the chances of getting this problem on the Mac?



Cheers,



Thomas

None, or slim. It is a registry PC thing. Infact you will have trouble using PSCS2 if you want to, for LR, unless you list it as the second external editor.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/


Don's right. I just went through the process of upgrading from CS2 to CS3 (on a Mac). I first unregistered and uninstalled CS2 (didn't want it on the machine) and then installed CS3. LR immediately provided the ''edit in CS3'' menu item. When importing I got no conflict with Bridge as some using Windows have. In short, everything went smoothly.



- Pierre

Hi Pierre, when you said ''upgrade'', you mean CS3 full install or using using the upgrade CDs? If using the upgrade CDs, (unless you don't need existing CS2 to be on the drive) wouldn't you need the CS2 to be installed first before using the upgrade CDs?



Also, when you said ''unregistered'', does that mean running the Disk Repair utility to repair the permissions?



Cheers,

Thomas

On Tue, 1 May 2007 19:50:11 -0700, Thomas_Ooi@adobeforums.com wrote:



%26gt;If using the upgrade CDs, (unless you don't need existing CS2 to be on the drive) wouldn't you need the CS2 to be installed first before using the upgrade CDs?



No, you only need the old serial number. When installing CS3 [full or

upgrade doesn't matter, it seems to be the same set just with an

additional protection check for the upgrade] it takes over several

settings from the old installation if that one is still present. But

to upgrade you don't need the old one on HD.



BTW, it's DVDs now.







--

Dierk (sometimes known as Evo2Me)

[DH虏 Publishing]

www.DH2Publishing.info

Writing and Imaging

%26gt;''Hi Pierre, when you said ''upgrade'', you mean CS3 full install or using using the upgrade CDs? If using the upgrade CDs, (unless you don't need existing CS2 to be on the drive) wouldn't you need the CS2 to be installed first before using the upgrade CDs?



Also, when you said ''unregistered'', does that mean running the Disk Repair utility to repair the permissions?''



I was loose with my terminlolgy - I bought a new version of CS3. Before installing it, I deactivated CS2 (or whatever the term is - this unregistered the product at Adobe). Then I used AppZapper (Mac) to delete CS2 and all it's associated files, then installed CS3.



Why didn't I buy the upgrade? I'm an educator and get the educational version - $285 is much better than $999 for PSCS3 extended!



- Pierre

No comments:

Post a Comment