Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lightroom to Photoshop to Lightroom...

Hi,



Anyone have an answer for this? I have a Canon 5d. Raw file in Lightroom. I adjust it in lightroom then select edit it in Photoshop but leave it unchanged. It becomes a .psd which is saved and then viewed back in lightroom. The colours have now changed. The greens for one are less saturated. The whole picture is less 'vivid'. The monitor is calibrated. Photoshop is editing in ProPhoto. yet the Raw and the .psd copy in Lightroom are different colour shades.??



Regards,



Lennythelens
Lightroom to Photoshop to Lightroom...
The Raw File is also colour managed by the camera. It could be that the camera will use sRGB, so Pro Photo RGB has a larger Gammunt so it coulb be that after rendering the Pictures from PS to Lightroom the Colours areless saturated



Hubertus
Lightroom to Photoshop to Lightroom...
%26gt;Hubertus Kueppers said: ...The Raw File is also colour managed by the camera....



The RAW file from the camera is just that: raw data. There is no associated color space.

Lennythelens:



What are your color settings in Photoshop? Are you preserving embedded profiles? Are all the profile-mismatch dialogs enabled?

%26gt; What are your color settings in Photoshop? Are you preserving embedded profiles? Are all the profile-mismatch dialogs enabled?



Yes. and Yes. I am not doing and conversions. I comes over straight from Lightroom in ProPhoto RGB



I am using CS2 BTW.



Anyone willing to try this out themselves and see?

lennythelens:



I just did what you suggested with a Nikon, D200 NEF file using CS3 and again using CS2. I don't see any obvious color changes. (Macintosh, OS X, 10.4.9)

Many thanks for giving it a go and letting me know the results.



I have since updated my computer and have a new installation of PS and LR. And it now seems to be working ok. Don't know what was happening before.

No comments:

Post a Comment