Monday, March 29, 2010

Offline Images (.tif, .jpeg)

A good friend of mine has started a vast archiving project and has recently ran into a problem When he goes to import the photos everything imports just fine, but as soon as the .tif's and jpegs go offline the previews in lightroom go blank. You can still see the file name, but there is no preview to see.



He called adobe and they simply stated that because LR cannot right an XMP file to the .tif's and .jpeg's they cannon be seen unless the drive is brought online.



Has anyone else run into this problem? Anyone come up with a solution for this problem?
Offline Images (.tif, .jpeg)
My offline photos show up fine. Has he created Previews of such? Where is his library and preveiws files located?
Offline Images (.tif, .jpeg)
You know I'm not sure. This just came up and I tried to get LR to do the same on my computer and I couldn't. I'm not exactly sure whats going on. I tried turning features on and off, preview resolution high to low, etc, and nothing would replicate his problem. I'm going to have to do a little investigating for myself.
  • bridal make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment