Monday, March 29, 2010

How to Sync the photos and Preset for 2...

In my case I often use my Macbook Pro for working copy with Clients and let them to choose and do some modification on the Raw files. After then when I back to Studio I would like to sync this raw files and setting I did to my Power Mac for further process to jpg/tif..... How can I sync this between my MACBOOK and POWERMAC.



Please kindly to advise, how can I do.



Best regards,



Mike
How to Sync the photos and Preset for 2...
You should export them as DNG. Ido it in this way.



best regards



Hubertus
How to Sync the photos and Preset for 2...
There's nothing wrong with exporting as DNG, but that doesn't really give the whole answer.



Mike- There's no sync as I use the term, unless you do it via the Finder. There may be some day, but IAE, here's what I do.



On my MBP, I import the images, delete what I can, add metadata, edit, and write the XMP data to the side cars as I ususally work with RAW. Then I copy the folder over to my desktop via Finder, and run Import in LR.



It brings in edits, ratings, and metadata. It omits collections, virtual copies, history and stacks, none of which are important to me at that stage.

It seem no any good way to work the images for 2 MAC. It is really headache because I got over 1TB images split in 2 MAC and I would like to move to a bigger harddisk.



Hope have others good sugggestion.



MIke

Mike-



Couple of ideas- you could synch the main libraries, and then create a new one in the field to bring into a new one on the desktop.



You could get a honkin' big firewire external and keep it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment