Sunday, March 28, 2010

Web Gallery with viewer comments and...

I would really like to use LR for creating my web galleries, but I want them to have the ability for viewers of the galleries to:

1) Add comments for each of my photos (with anti-spam)

2) Upload their own photos to my gallery



I have not been able to find any information on how to modify the LR template to specifically include this. Could this be done through the technique mentioned about modifying the XML files?



Any other possible way? Coming soon in an upgrade maybe?
Web Gallery with viewer comments and...
I REALLY doubt this is coming. You want Coppermine or Gallery.
Web Gallery with viewer comments and...
1) Most of the galleries that so this are scripted or PHP based.. It may be possible with php based stuff but I'm doubtful on this. I'm sure we can get form based comment returns easily, but not so sure on how easy it would be to implement them.



2) As LR generates the gallery inside the program, there is no way for it to add files automatically and regenerate from a website.



I think timrock is correct in his response. And you can easily upload using FTP droplets and Export Presets to make it automatic. This is how I do my Photoblog.. It's php based (not my code-folderblog.org code) and I hit the relevant Export Preset and it shows up on the site.

tomrock - No... I want Lightroom to do this. ;) But it looks like it could be a long time coming, so I'll check the others out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sean - Thanks for confirming timrock's comment.



I'm going to kick this dead horse one last time... As another way of accomplishing this; if I create a php page with the comments and upload features on it, and then embed my LR gallery into the page, might there be a way to 'link' my photos to the comments so that the correct comments are shown on the php page when the viewers advance to each photo in the LR gallery? Or am I just plain crazy?



I think I understand how you are uploading to your photoblog. If I understand correctly, the Upload Presets are a feature in LR. Correct?

No comments:

Post a Comment