Sunday, March 28, 2010

Color Shift - pink tint

I own a Panasonic Lumix FZ20. The photos always look and print great in every photo program I have used except for Photoshop Elements 4.0 and Lightroom, both Adobe products. In Elements and Lightroom they always open up with a pink tint to them. In Elements 4.0 they told me to change the color profile and this did seem to work. The real question is why do the photos look and print great in every other program without having to change anything, except the Adobe products. Also, even with the pink tint, they print out normally. Thanks for your help.
Color Shift - pink tint
Sid-



It all has to do with color management. It's a big subject, and one no one can cover in a few posts. Please read through a few threads on this subject.
Color Shift - pink tint
Sid,



Are the images from your Lumix FZ20 jpegs? I looked your camera up on DP review and It doesn't say it has a RAW file format so that made me curious if you were having a problem similar to one I just solved myself.



Doc.

The Panasonic FZ20's images are jpegs. There is no raw setting on this model. I think the FZ30 and FZ50 have raw.

I hesitate to say its the same problem I was having, but I have to wonder if its not related.



Here is the thread where my issue is discussed, so you can see if it gives you any help with your problem: http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc3b81d/9



Have you ever used your TIFF mode on you camera? if you have, do those images seem to have a pink cast to them as well? I think as a quick test, it would be interesting to capture an image (Like a evenly lit neutral gray surface) as a TIFF and take another shot of it as a JPEG and see if they both look as you would expect on import to LR.



I don't want to get you off track though, if you are new to color management, learning the basics of it it is something that will serve you well in the long run. The problem I was having could just as likely have nothing to do with your issue.



Also if you have a way to upload the test image somewhere I would be interested in downloading it and seeing if it exhibited the same behavior as the images I was having problems with.



Good Luck!

Doc.

When I get a chance, I'll shoot a few in TIFF mode and see if it makes any difference. Thanks for your help.

Sid
  • bridal make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment