Friday, March 26, 2010

Delete in Quick Collections, or Just...

I'm keywording images. I take a month of images and put them in Quick Collections. After I keyword them, I hit ''B'' to take them out of quick collections. This allows me to easily see what I've keyworded. When I have images I want to delete from my hard drive, it seems that the only options (delete or CTRL Backspace) only take them out of the collections, and not the HR.



Do I have to be in folder to delete images? What am I missing?



Thanks,



Reid
Delete in Quick Collections, or Just...
Reid-
%26lt;br /%26gt;
%26lt;br /%26gt;Yes, you have to be in a folder to delete images fully.
%26lt;br /%26gt;
%26lt;br /%26gt;
%26lt;span style=''color: rgb(102, 0, 204);''%26gt;%26lt;/span%26gt;
%26lt;font br='''' /%26gt;%26lt;/font%26gt; color=''#600000'' size=''2''%26amp;gt;~~ John McWilliams
%26lt;br /%26gt;
%26lt;br /%26gt;
%26lt;br /%26gt;
%26lt;br /%26gt;MacBookPro 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo, G-5 Dual 1.8; Canon DSLRs
Delete in Quick Collections, or Just...
Thanks,



Reid

Try Alt Ctrl Shift Backspace....



John

Thanks!



I wish important things like this were in the menus....



Reid

Thank you, johnbeardy, I needed that information too.

You could also use Picks and Rejects in Quick Ccllection with filter for picks and non-picks on, instead of using B and the rejects will disappear from view the same way, but you can then do delete rejects, just to dump them.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/


Quote: Yes, you have to be in a folder to delete images fully.



Thanks for this brilliant piece of information.



Adobe have got to change that. They make it so painfully difficult to delete images.



Adobe if you read this *please* allow us a preference check box to immediately delete images with no further ado (ie move to trash).



We are adults %26amp; want to be responsible for our actions.



Why do I want this ?



It is a workflow issue. I do not want to have 2 (or more) actions to delete an image. I get through hundreds of photos in a day %26amp; like to make snap decisions.



Currently it is painful %26amp; puts me off using LR for evaluation. (I use a fab program called PhotoMechanic which is speedy as hell)

Read item 3 in this thread before you rant.

I take it you mean: Try Alt Ctrl Shift Backspace....



Have tried that %26amp; does nothing (or rather it gives a boob noise indicating that I have made a mistake)



Are you on a Mac ?

There's a Mac equivalent - without checking, it's Alt Cmd Shift Backspace. Look in the keyboard shortcuts under Help.

Thank you for the information but not for your attitude

What attitude? I give you the credit of being smart enough to work something out from concise pointers. Your initial post hardly invited one to help you at all, did it?

%26gt; Quote: Yes, you have to be in a folder to delete images fully.

Hyde commented:

%26gt; Thanks for this brilliant piece of information.



I find it strange that you, Hyde, would point out attitude.

Well, at least the 'tude man seems to be on vacation. Or watch out!



:)

Don

No comments:

Post a Comment