Monday, March 29, 2010

Alt+Tab broken in full screen mode

Hi,



I generally use lightroom in full screen mode where the title and menu bar are both hidden. However, when in this mode I find using Alt+Tab is broken. For example, say I have LR as the foreground application. I press Alt+Tab and switch to another app. Then press Alt+Tab once expecting to get back to LR. But somehow LR has gone to the end of the list and instead I get another application.



Is anyone else seeing this? I use WinXP+SP2+latest updates.



Thanks,

Nick
Alt+Tab broken in full screen mode
Same here. Swedish winXP. The solution is to use SHIFT-ALT-TAB to go back, but that is not a satisfactory solution.



John
Alt+Tab broken in full screen mode
It's a function of Windows and not Lightroom. When you switch from Lightroom to another window, it puts the full-screen application, in this case Lightroom, at the bottom of the pile, known as the z-order, and shows all of the other windows. As a result, Lightroom goes to the end of the Tasklist.



John Gregson

I tried with three different browsers and Photoshop (full-screen one at a time). It works as expected in full-screen. ALT+TAB goes to another window, ALT+TAB and you're back.



John

I run many applications full screen and Lightroom is the only one that goes to the ''bottom of the queue'' with ALT/TAB.

There are different types of full-screen mode. If in the other applications, you see the Minimize/Restore/Close buttons in the top right-hand corner, then that is not the full screen mode being used by Lightroom, which you'll notice, does not have those buttons available.



The other applications are actually maximized, and not in full-screen mode.



John Gregson

I mean fullscreen like F11 in browsers or twice F in Photoshop.

John

It may very well be a Windows issue. However, if MS doesn't address it one would think Adobe can find a workaround the way others have. As it is I find it very annoying.



Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment