Monday, March 29, 2010

SDK

I couldn't find an SDK fro Lightroom ... is one planned, if so, is there an expected release date? If not, why not?



Thanks,

- Ian
SDK
One is planned, no release date yet.
SDK
''If not, why not?''



They're busy...

Oh. I thought ''if not, why not'' applied to ''is one planned'' not ''is there an expected release date''.



I guess that just hit me differently than it hit you Jeff!

Ok. ..ok, I can read it that way too...yes, one is planed, no, no idea when (but not ''soon'').



How's that?



:~)

Well, if SDK release is not going to happen soon, that means we will not get third-party modules before a while.

And as Adobe reminds silent about what's in the pipeline for future releases, it may discourage potential customers to use Lightroom, and competition could take the lead.



I decided to build-up all my workflow and organization around Lightroom and I hope we will not have to wait for years to get improvements and more functionalities...



Gilles.

%26gt; I hope we will not have to wait for years to get improvements and more functionalities...



While I'm still under NDA, I don't think it's letting out a secret that the next version will be released in less time than ''years''!!! I actually don't know when it will be, but ''years'' seems out of the question.

Based on the huge progress between Betas and V 1.0, I have no doubt that next release will be worthwhile :-)



Rgds,



Gilles.

No comments:

Post a Comment