Sunday, April 4, 2010

Unable to install V1.0 demo on...

I have had B4 installed on my PC for a while now. I never used it a great deal as it ran very badly on my pc (very slow) but have been waiting for v1.0 to see if there have been any improvements.%26lt;br /%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;Prior to installing V1.0 demo I uninstalled B4 via the Control Panel, Add Remove Programs. All went fine and B4 was removed.%26lt;br /%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;When I go to install v1.0 demo I get the error message:%26lt;br /%26gt;''Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel''%26lt;br /%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;I have also removed:%26lt;br /%26gt;\\Program Files\Adobe\Lightroom directory as well as the hidden directory under c:\users\%26lt;your name%26gt;\Application Data\Adobe\Lightroom%26lt;br /%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;I have also cleaned the registry of anything linked to Lightroom. %26lt;br /%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;I am currently stumped as where to go from here and would greatly appreciate any advice that anyone on these forums may have.%26lt;br /%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;I also had a demo verson of RawShooter on my PC, which has also been removed. Not sure if this has any bearing on the problem.%26lt;br /%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;I would love for Lightroom V1.0 to work as I feel it is just the app that I need. %26lt;br /%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Any suggestions that you could give at this stage would be a help...Unable to install V1.0 demo on...
Have you read the FAQ yet?

www.lightroomextra.com
Unable to install V1.0 demo on...
Hi Sid.....



I have but I'm heading of there again as I type to see if I missed anything



Cheers

OK I've just re-read the faq at www.lightroomextra.com



Nothing stands out that I haven't already tried.... ho hum!

If you're still having problems with the install or uninstall, you may want to check out the
Windows Install Cleanup Utility. I've used it a time or two with other programs and it works quite well. After you install it, run it to get a list of programs installed. Select the one you want to remove and click Remove. I don't remember if you need to reboot or not, but that's probably a good idea anyway.



Brian

Humbug.......



funny you should mention that.... I'd just finished installing it!



But unfortunately to no avail..... There is nothing in there that remotely looks as though it is Lightroom.



Still.... thanks for the help :)



There is obviously something somewhere in my registry that has been left behind...... I just need to find it...



This is becoming a tad annoying

Finally........ fixed it.... or at least skipped around it :)



Created a new user in XP

logged on to this new user

Installed V1.0 ..... drum roll ..... it worked !!

Removed new user

Logged back in as myself

Started Lightroom



It's stuff like the above that keeps me awake at night !!

DAm that is a god idea. Will try that for the error 1603 problem. nice one.

No comments:

Post a Comment