Sunday, April 4, 2010

apdproxy

What is apdproxy? Why was it added to my startup menu?
apdproxy
It is the import tool i.e. from card reader. I disabled it in msconfig (XP), as it collided with some stuff (after installing 1.0, all my USB config went downhill, had to re-install my printer drivers...). Not sure if that was related to this.



B/
apdproxy
Thanks Bernd. SO why can't it run when I start Lightroom? It's a pet peeve of mine that programmers like to add processes to the startup menu taking up my resources. I want it running when I need it running and not before.

It's all about importing when you want to and how your system operates.

You can check the autoimport off in preferences.I appreciate this doesn't answer your complaint but that is the way software works when integrating two systems such as apllications and operating systems.



Enjoy!!

''I disabled it in msconfig (XP), as it collided with some stuff (after installing 1.0, all my USB config went downhill, had to re-install my printer drivers...).''

No doubt this is an irritating comment, but frankly, this is exactly why many people including myself will always be Mac users. Why would you put up with nonsense like this?

I wouldn't but then I am on a Mac and do't know much about PC's.
  • oil companies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment