Sunday, April 4, 2010

Can't print borderless w/Epson R800 and...

Hi,



I can't seem to get LR Mac to print borderless 4x6 prints on my Epson Stylus Photo R800.



I am selecting ''4x6 (borderless)'' from the paper size drop down menu in Page Setup. However, when the image appears, LR automatically selects minimum margins of 0.13in that it won't let me deselect or reduce to 0. Consequently, all of my 4x6 prints have a small white border all the way around.



Am I missing something? Does anyone know how to fix?



Thanks
Can't print borderless w/Epson R800 and...
What does the preview in LR print show? I haven't had any trouble with borderless 4x6's on my R1800. Did you pick 'Maximum Size' in the presets and 4x6(Borderless)in the Print Set=up from an .icc or the generic?



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/

Can't print borderless w/Epson R800 and...
Don - thanks. the preview shows a border.



Where is the 'maximum size' setting? I haven't found that.



I selected 4x6 (borderless) from the 'paper size' drop down menu in Page Setup. I also have the Page Setup menu selected to ''Format For' the Epson R800, so I assume it's not the generic. However, I am using an Epson custom color profile.



Any further thoughts? What am I doing wrong?

Jordan, 'maximum size' is in the templates on the left hand panel in the print module.

Also check the slider in layout%26gt;cell size in the right hand panel are set to the end right side.

To get borderless 4x6 prints, what are the correct 'paper size'(in page setup menu) and 'paper handling' (in print settings menu) settings?



My settings are as follows:



paper size: 4x6in (Borderless) (sheet feeder-borderless)

paper handling: use documents paper size: 4x6 in (borderless) (sheet feeder-borderless)



When I use these settings with Epson 4x6 paper, I do get borderless prints, but a small portion of the image is cropped off on all 4 sides?



Thanks!

What are the originals?



Are you using 'maximum size' in the preset panel?



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/


Thanks Don. I am using 'maximum size' preset, but have to modify it for a few things like paper type, no color management etc.



When I select 4x6 (Borderless), there is no way I can eliminate a .13in border all the way around. I need to select 4x6in (Borderless) (sheet feeder-borderless) in order to get borderless prints - but then a small portion of the image is cropped on all 4 sides



I am beginning to think there's a software defect here.

I should add that when I select 4x6in (Borderless) (sheet feeder-borderless) and am about to make a borderless print on Espon 4x6 paper, everything looks fine in the print preview.



But when the actual print is made, it is slightly cropped on all 4 sides...

The ''slight cropping'' is inherent in Epson's borderless printing. The driver enlarges the image to be slightly larger than the paper size so there are no borders left due to paper misalignment. This is the equivalent of ''bleed'' in sending an image to a print house.

Thanks for that Bit of info Michael. Makes sense and something that often would not be noticed.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/


Thanks All.



The effects of that slight cropping can be minimized by dragging the slider in the 'Expansion' setting (in the print menu) all the way to the left. This minimizes the amount by which the drivder enlarges the image.

I must be missing something, I don't find the option for 4x6 (borderles)(sheet feed borderless). It does not show up in my selections where I find 4x6 (borderless)



What am I doing wrong or different?

Carl,



In the 'print' module of lightroom. In the lower right corner, click the 'page setup' button. In there, under 'paper size' you should see the various paper size options, including the different 4x6 papers. (You might need to go into a sub-menu to get the 4x6 (borderless)(sheet feed borderless) option.



Interestingly, I don't have a 4x6 non-borderless (i.e., with border) option..

I'm having a similar problem with my wife's computer and R800. We want a border but a small white one. The problem is all our prints come out lopsided. Even though lightroom shows an even border on all sides we still get one side with a bigger border than the other.



After some mucking around I installed the borderless driver. However now when I print it comes out totally blank. I'm not sure what to do.



Any ideas?



Thanks
  • oil companies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment