Sunday, April 4, 2010

LR ''equivalent'' to Photoshop USM Local...

I've been playing with LR 1.0 and I can't seem to find any sort of ''equivalent'' way of getting the results I get from the Unsharp Mask ''Local Contrast Enhancement'' effect. I've tried working with the curves, the exposure sliders, the contrast slider, etc., but nothing I do gives me the effect I get with a USM LCE effect, which I can achieve in Photoshop very quickly.



I fully realize that I'm simply ''used to'' a certain way of working, and that there are other options and methodologies for post processing in LR that I'm not yet accustomed to. With all the research that has gone into LR, there is obviously a way of processing that leads to a similar end result as what I'm used to, but so far, I just can't get results out of LR as good as what I'm used to with PS.



Can anyone give me any suggestions on this?



Thanks,



Larry
LR ''equivalent'' to Photoshop USM Local...
Try bumping Blacks and Fill Light pretty High like %26gt;50
LR ''equivalent'' to Photoshop USM Local...
That isn't working for me. The closest control I can find to the LCE effect is the ''Contrast'' slider (which would of course make sense since it's ''contrast''), but this is an approximation at best. For some shots, the end result is nothing like the effect I get with LCE.



Thanks,



Larry

LCE/haze reduction is an often-requested feature. Hopefully it will show up in a future release.

No comments:

Post a Comment