Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ok. So how do I delete without having...

Having to confirm each library delete is really slowing down the workflow.



Thanks for the help.



Drew
Ok. So how do I delete without having...
Mark them all for deletion with a flag, then delete them all at once when you are done.
Ok. So how do I delete without having...
Thanks, Lee.



However, I kind of like to delete them one at a time as I see the full preview in the develop module like in C1. Is there no keyboard shortcut or preference setting to bypass this confirmation menu altogether?



Every once in a while it won't ask me to confirm deletion. Is that just a bug or did I inadvertently change some setting?

No, just do what I said and set the filter so you don't see the images flagged for deletion. Then they'll look like they're gone and you can switch the filter at the end to see only the marked images. Delete them all then.

The cool way, mentioned in a previous post, is to use the X keyboard shortcut to mark the photo as a reject, then when you are finished reviewing, press %26lt;ctl%26gt;-backspace to delete all of the photos marked as rejected (confirmation screen still pops-up). The cool thing is that if you have the caps-lock turned on, LR will skip to the next photo when you press the X key.%26lt;br /%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;John Gregson%26lt;br /%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;PS As I later found out, it will skip to the next photo when one presses many of the other keyboard shortcuts, too, such as 1 (to assign 1 star).
The X key is your friend here, as John points out. You can use this, also, in Library. Getting an easy way to delete was one of the many things the team implemented on requests from users, that is, IIRC!

drewstr,

''Every once in a while it won't ask me to confirm deletion. Is that just a bug or did I inadvertently change some setting?''



LR won't ask for a Confirm if you try to delete from a Collection. Could that be what you are seeing?

Thanks to all of you. Using the x flag probably is the way to go in the long run.



Narsil, yes they are in a collection. In the short run this will emulate the way my brain is used to processing images.



Thanks, again.



I now have one more question about printing. I'll start a new thread.

BTW, in answer to the original question, Option/Alt Delete will delete an image without popping the dlog.

''set the filter so you don't see the images flagged for deletion.''



How?



Thanks,



Reid

figured it out.



Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment