Thursday, April 1, 2010

Soft proofing in Lightroom

In Aperture (dare I mention it?) there is a ''View'' setting for soft proofing. You input your printer model and paper and the display changes to the actual colors the printer will output. It comes pretty close. I can't find such a setting in Lightroom.



Canon 20D, Intel iMac 20, HP 7160, monitor frequently calibrated with a Spyder2 Pro, Lightroom V1.



If I import a photo from the camera into Lightroom, the colors on the monitor are quite different from the object shot. If I do NO editing at all, just print, the colors on the print are quite close to those of the subject though a long way from the monitor picture.

This is no help at all if I want to edit the photo in Lightroom...
Soft proofing in Lightroom
Yeah...LR lacks soft proofing presently.

No comments:

Post a Comment