Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Files cannot be stored on a network...

This is what the book states, but what does it mean and why. It seems to suggest that I cannot use a Netgear Hard Drive set up on a network, not even for backup or for other computers to gain access to, if this is so, why? Or, Have I got the meaning all wrong.



Help/advice please, thanks, Ron dps
A Files cannot be stored on a network...
You can put image files on a networked drive, but not the dB or preview cache.



I have my main collection on a Firewire on my Desktop Mac. I also reference them from LR on my MacBook by Netgear Wifi. It can be slow, bu no problems otherwise.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/

A Files cannot be stored on a network...
Hi thanks for reply. I have a Netgear Storage Central SC101, with 2 400GB Drives installed. I assume that maybe the reason the Data Base cannot be put on it is because the Drives in the SC101 are formatted differently in a way that suits the Netgear SC101. I have not set this up yet, to be honest I did get it so The Libary could be available to all my PC's, but it seems I cannot.



I will put my Libary on a Lacie 320GB USB.



I use a PC, so as a matter of interest what do you mean by LR?



All the best, Ron dps

It is not the formatting it is the networking. I can't access the dB on the desktop or vice versa throuh Ethernet or wifi.



I can't do it from Win XP across the Parallel's link to Mac on the same machine because LR sees it as a Network connection.



One can share a dB across platform from a swapped USB or Firewire dive. It is the Networking that is disallowed for now. sQlite dB.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment