Sunday, April 4, 2010

HELP! resume slideshow from any...

I'm reposting with HELP! requested with a reworded, clearer question because the issue is driving me mad.



Summary: How do I start the play position of a slideshow in a photo sequence that is *already* correctly ordered to anything other than the first photo. Picking the starting index is needed in order to resume (a large) slideshow after stopping it prematurely (not pausing it).



I have a large slideshow (nearly 1000 photos) *already* is the desired viewing order. When I play a slideshow and stop it at some point (not by pausing), for a reason such as needing to make a photo edit perhaps, there is no way I've found to resume the slideshow at the point I last stop it. ''Play'' always plays from the beginning. I have not found any option for resuming at a specified index in slideshow (already ordered as desired) or any way to rapidly advance to the desired starting position other than the right-arrow key. It would be great if the slideshow would start at the ''super-selected'' photo (in lightroom a photo can be more selected than others that are selected).



HELP
HELP! resume slideshow from any...
Sorry, not a solution, but an additional slideshow issue:



In the beta release (Windows) I could select a set of images and do a slide show of just them. In V1.0 (also Windows) the slideshow ignores my selection and starts at the beginning of the folder/collection.



If it would use the selection, mrzizzy could just select the remaining slides.
HELP! resume slideshow from any...
The recommended way is to do that sellection but make a Collection '+' with use selected ticked or Quick Collections 'B'.



From there to start at other than the first one do Shift-Play to use selected image as starting point.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/


Thanks Don. I have been wondering about starting the slideshow in the middle myself. Not enough to spend too much time on it but the Shift key works great.

I had to check it out to find out. Tried both OSes I work with and voila.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment