Thursday, April 1, 2010

A3 printer problems with Lightroom

I use a HP 9800 A3 printer (with latest driver) and have and use a spyderpro for colour profiles. When I print any A4, its grand, either on 600 dpi or 'max quality', but when I print Borderless A3, I get very fine horizontal stripes. Printing from CS2, I have no such problems. It seems almost as if the print output in Lightroom is just not geared for large printing.



Does anybody print to larger formats (A3+, A2...) successfully? - if so, I would assume that its the old supplier points finger at other supplier issue, and I just have to print A3+ from Photoshop - pity, I was trying to stay out of Photoshop as much as possible.
A3 printer problems with Lightroom
I have printed Super B (Super A3) (13'' x 19'')a number of times with great results. I am on a pc with XP Pro. I am using a Epson 1280 printer and have printed on both the Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper and Epson ColorLife Paper. I should add that I have custom made profiles for each paper type. My prints were done from a Nikon D200 camera raw file after processed in Lightroom and at 300 dpi. Once again, the prints were just great!!



Tunney

No comments:

Post a Comment