Thursday, April 1, 2010

Pentax Shake Reduction state in EXIF...

Could anyone using a Pentax K10D tell me how to check whether SR was on or off when a picture was taken? It should be contained somewhere in the EXIF info, but I don't find it. Is it possible that this tag is ignored?



Thanks.
Pentax Shake Reduction state in EXIF...
I am fairly certain that there is not a SR flag in the EXIF data. I have looked for this myself and could not find it. If I am wrong and it is there I would also be very happy to know.



Dave.
Pentax Shake Reduction state in EXIF...
Dave,



Do you mean, that this info is not recorded at all? Well, it could be checked with the software Pentax supplied with the camera. If that doesn't show this SR state tag either, then it's probably not there.

I am not able to check the Pentax software at the moment, but I am fairly sure that it does not show it. I think it was one of the things I looked for when I first got the K10. Will check later.



Dave.

From Phil Harvey's page (author of Exiftool), SR info is written into metadata... but kind of not 100% verified yet:



SRResult: stabilized, not stabilized, not ready

ShakeReduction: Off,On



-where SRResult tag is still under investigation.



Bogdan

Thanks for the tip. I've just downloaded Exiftool and tried it on my raw files. It does show the SR state. According to my quick tests, the SR info is there in the PEF and DNG files out of the camera, in the DNG files converted by Lightroom but not in the JPG files exported by Lightroom.



So, the information is there. Would be nice if Lightroom showed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment