Thursday, April 1, 2010

FLASH gallery customize

Hi,

I would like to customize Lightroom flash gallery to have:

Row of buttons on the top of the page (Home, Galleries, About, etc) and

would also like to have a Copyright tag on bottom.



My goal is to update my old website built in FrontPage to one built in Expression Web (Front Page replacement). I am under the assumption that I can place LT flash galleries in EX web and would like the templates to look like the rest of the site pages. I also (think) that if my pages are in flash that my photos can not be downloaded or linked to by the general web population.



Any help would be appreciated.

Regards Wayne

www.wmphotos.com
FLASH gallery customize
2nd time today I've posted this link:

http://lightroom-news.com/2007/04/10/adding-a-navigation-menu-to-lightroom-flash -gallery/



It will get you started.
FLASH gallery customize
The links in the tutorial do not work. The links simply show up as a text string.

Cindy, Which Links? I'm not seeing any bad ones. What browser and have you posted a comment to the Tutorial on Lightroom-News to this affect?



I am sure Sean would fix any issues he knew about.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/


Hey Guys,

Thanks for the input.

I really want to put a row of buttons at the very top row, and have the LT flash under that rom. Header with buttons, and a footer with Copyright (called a page templater in some applications or Dynamic template in Expression Web.



Sean's fix is to have the text strings on top of the image.



I want my cake and eat it too........

Don, I did finally get the links to work but there is a limit to how many letters you can use. I was limited to about 3 links.



I would like to find a way to customize the Flash galleries. I would also like to know how to customize the html galleries like in Photoshop. I don't even know where LR hides them.

What OS?



Also check
Bluefire Blog - Web Design tips for all kinds of Web tips for PS and LR. And also Sean's Blog.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/


How to modify the HTML Lightroom gallery template. I really don't want to be modifying the results of an export since I will be doing tons of them and when I have new stock photos to add to a group then they are redone again. I need to get the crammed together EXIF data to the right or left side and I need to get 2 rows down and 3 across for the thumbnails so that nothing has to be scrolled on a 1024 monitor. Im trying to match what I have been doing in IView Pro. How does one modify a template ending in the extension .lrtemplate? Can you email me at nhodgkins@sbcglobal.net if you have the answer?



Thanks!

Cindy, I have mentioned in that post that there is a 150 character limit unless you either copy and modify (or just modify) the galleryMaker.xml file.



I believe the issue with the PC not showing it may be related to the version of flash player on the machine, but this is speculation.



I'm trying to get to the bottom of it, but I'm superbly busy right now and when I'm done I'll be gone on much needed holidays.

Sean, thanks. I did get the 300 character limit to work. My demo expired and I have ordered LR which I will receive Friday. Until then I can do no more but I just wanted to know it does work.

No comments:

Post a Comment