Thursday, April 1, 2010

Anyone Else See This?

I changed some keywords and wrote the XMP data to some existing Photoshop files. Later, when I was looking around for files in the Finder, I discovered that the icons for those files had been changed from images to the generic Photoshop file icons.



G5 Quad 8gb RAM

10.4.9 ( or .8 )

LR 1.0



Jim
Anyone Else See This?
Do you have Auto Export XMP data set in LR prefs? If so the file was last modofied by LR, not PSCS, so the generic is now there not the preview.



If you want to see the preview turn it on in Finder Prefs and you will see it for all image files, not kust PSCSC generated ones.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/

Anyone Else See This?
Auto export is on but either way I had the icon trashed.



The preview works fine for the files until I write out the XMP data and then it goes to the generic icon. If I open the Photoshop file and do a save as which replaces the file, the image icon is back.



Jim

Did you do 'Show Icon Preview' under Finder/View/View Options, Cmd-J in the Finder? THis should give what you want.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/


Yep. On files where I didn't export the XMP the icon shows the image. As soon as I export the icon changes.



Jim

Okay, I'm stumped. As soon as I do 'Show Icon Preview' on my laptop (listed below. I don't have a single generic anywhere. Have you tried a Finder relaunch or Restart. I don't think this is LR if you have set the Finder to view these.



Okay, I satnd corrected. (by nyself) this only works on the desktop, not in folder views. And it is because of the xmp export for sure. But a save in Preview would do the same. It isn't just LR.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/


I just recreated the file using PS3 and did an export XMP and the file icon stayed as an image. Now I am wondering if it has anything to do with exporting XMP to files created in older versions of Photoshop...



Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment