Thursday, April 1, 2010

LR v1

Got the above and love the darn program. However, I've got the latest edition of iTunes on my PC and LR won't recognise any of the tracks - it can see the album names but won't show the tracks - any idea what's going on here?



Thanks
LR v1
What exactly are you trying to do?
LR v1
Hi Paul

I think I see your point but I'm afraid that the folks at Adobe are just occupied to finish the picture processing features of LR.

After they finished that there might be a chance that they start to add the audio features.

Blast! Sold some prints to a family this evening and what sold it was the music playing in the background - it would have been nice to assign a piece beforehand instead of firing up iTunes then flicking across to LR then slideshow. Hopefully the development won't be too long in coming.



John - what I want to do is assign a piece of music from iTunes to start automatically once I select a slideshow.

I think this is a PC issue.



iTunes runs in the slideshow on a mac.

Works for me on a PC running Vista Ultimate, but only if the music in the folder

is in MP3 format and not Apple's M4P.

--

Charlie...

http://www.chocphoto.com

Thats the point, my iTunes files are MP4. How do i then convert my music library into MP3, and do i really want to do this, or have to...?

%26gt;Thats the point, my iTunes files are MP4.

I said M4P not MP4. M4P is Apple's DRM protected format that only iTunes can

play. MP4 is MPEG-4, but I'm not sure what players support it.

--

Charlie...

http://www.chocphoto.com

iTunes will NOT allow use of m4p files in ANY slideshows, etc (drm issues) not just in Lightroom.



Solution: Make a playlist in iTunes of the files you wish to use in the slideshow and than burn the playlist to a music CD (iTunes will allow up to 7 copies of any playlist). You can than either re-import the songs back into iTunes using Mp3 or any other format you choose in iTunes prefs or grab the converted songs off your burned disk.



You loose some quality via the conversion but its generally good enough for slideshows.

I've also got a Sony mp player and used their Sonic software to load some songs - LR used these imports just fine.

Welcome to the hell that is DRM

DRM = VIRUS



Just say no. I have.

While a nuisance, if your iTunes library is all M4P, you'd not need or want to convert the whole library, and you don't need to burn a CD. Either rip a few new ones from a CD into MP3, or convert a few using the convert feature in iTunes. I'm suspecting that most of us won't need more than a half dozen pieces for slideshow.

%26gt; you don't need to burn a CD



If the song youre after is a m4p file (and its your only copy of the song), than you NEED to first burn it to CD.



Bummer! But its the only option you have at this time. Otherwise, iTunes will *NOT* allow converting exclusive m4p files.



There used to be other options available but Apple has managed to close the loopholes...

No comments:

Post a Comment