Sunday, April 4, 2010

confused about search results

I have noticed that when I do a search by keyword, either by clicking on the keyword, or by typing it in the search box, the results do not always show the images. In fact sometimes it will show NO images, and other times it will say 23/1176, but in the grid there are only 10 images shown. What am I not understanding here? I am running windows XP PRO and Windows XP Media on the laptop.
confused about search results
I get the same thing with find function. No images are displayed (filters off, grid mode) I have to still scroll thru the keywords to find them, click on it and then they appear.



Is this a bug?
confused about search results
You may have some filters set.

no

So, you just go to the find box, type in a keyword, select an appropriate find set like ''keywords'' and nothing shows up at all ever, but you know that keyword is in there and that you've typed it correctly? And you're sure that the filters are off. Do I have this right?

Spot on.



When i then go into the keywrod metadata section, all of the keywords that are not related to the search grey out with 0 images, and only the related keywords are highlighted with the number of images in each, BUT no images are displayed until i click on one of the keywords. (wish i could copy and paste LR for you to see but have no clue how to!)

If it's not a filter, I'm afraid I don't know. This works for me every time. This question is frequently asked, and all the ones I remember were solved by turning off a filter.

I have had the same problems. As a matter of fact, I had LR open while I was reading your post and no matter what I typed in the find box, nothing changed in the grid. I went to the Library and selected ''all photographs''. They would all come up in the grid but I couldn't get the find box to narrow them down to the keyword I typed. Went to a folder, same thing. Double checked to make sure I didn't have any filters on.



Finally restarted the program and everything works as it should with the search of keywords.



I have found a number of other bugs in LR which I will post as separate threads if I can't find anything on them already posted.



Try restarting your LR and see if that cures you problem temporarily. I think it is a R1 bug....



I am using the MAC version.

Bradley,



Is yours on mac as well?

PC



And.....low and behold restarting LR corrects the issue.......@!#*

I had this other day though, as well.

What is up with this program...?

No comments:

Post a Comment