Sunday, April 4, 2010

Import doesn't work for me on Vista

I am running on Vista. I try to import from a CF card to my Users/John/Pictures directory. Although Lightroom sees my card and the files on it, when I try to do the import I get a dialog box saying ''The following files were not imported. Could not copy a file to the requested location.'' with a list of all the files on the CF that I had tried to import. I assume this means that there is some sort of permission problem writing to the Pictures directory. Since other programs (e.g. Canon Zoombrowser ) write to that directory with no problems, this would seem to be a Lightroom issue.



Anyone with any ideas or a solution?



Thanks,

John
Import doesn't work for me on Vista
If you did a search on Vista, you'd discover that 1) LR is not fully compatible with Vista, and 2) one of those incompatibilities is reading from a CF card.



- Pierre
Import doesn't work for me on Vista
Thanks Pierre, in the future I will do a better job of searching before asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment