Thursday, April 1, 2010

print (cell) spacing appears to have...

I'm attempting to use a 2x2 template in the print module, but I encounter a vexing problem when trying to reduce the ''cell spacing'' values (both horiz. and vert.) to zero (0.00). This should result in all four images joining perfectly edge-to-edge without visible gaps. However my monitor shows there remains a very slight horizontal space (perhaps one-half point wide) between the righthand and lefthand images--i.e., it appears to be a vertical ''gap'' that fails to close completely. This is very evident when I attempt to use a thin (one point wide) black stroke line around each image, which does (as expected) produce a nice, solid black horizontal line between upper and lower images, but the vertical ''separator'' seems to actually be a pair of lines (with a thin white ''gap'' in between). I wonder could this simply be a display artifact, or does the LR print module have a bug in regard to the ''horizontal cell spacing'' parameter? I see this problem when viewing the print module at reduced scale and also when the image is fairly close to 100% (can't specify 100% in the print module, AFAIK).



I realize that the proof of the pudding is in the actual printmaking, but I thought I'd wait to hear if this is a known issue, before trashing some large prints. BTW, in case it matters, my CRT resolution is 1280x960.



Phil
print (cell) spacing appears to have...
Just to be a bit more precise about the size of that perceived ''gap'' between adjacent cells: it's about 2 pixels wide (horizontal gap). And now that I've looked more closely, I see that there's also a bit of vertical gap--only about one pixel wide (this appears between the upper/lower images). I'm coming to the conclusion that this might be just a display artifact caused by being at less than 100%.



Phil
  • oil companies
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment