Sunday, April 4, 2010

Copyright Metadata Information Question

Dear Friends



In Lightroom where is the trigger that will make the image appear as copyrighted in Photoshop?



I've filled out all of the copyright information in Lightroom's metadata panel, but when I look at File Info in Photoshop CS2, the copyright status appears as ''Unknown.'' I want the copyright status to appear as ''Copyrighted.''



I'm running Lightroom 1 (308266) under OS X 10.4.9.



Thank you for any help you may be able to offer.



Sincerely,

Jaddie
Copyright Metadata Information Question
There isn't, AFAIK. Only a ciopyright field that can be triggered for a sort of watermark on export other than direct to PSCS.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/

Copyright Metadata Information Question
Jaddie-



You have to export the metadata to the image file; then it'll show up in Info viewable in PS. AT least PS CS3!

John I believe she is looking for what turns on the 漏 before the filename in PSCS. I don't think just including a copyright field info does that. though I may be wrong.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/


This is controlled by the ''copyright status'' field in the XMP file info panel (in Photoshop or Bridge). At this point, there isn't an equivalent in Lightroom but it has been asked for since the beginning of the beta.



I currently use Bridge as a workaround to bulk-apply this tag (from a template) and then import into LR.

In PSCS applying a Digimarc Watermark will also incur this.

:)



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/


Dear Don, John, %26amp; Greg



Thank you for your responses.



Greg, I guess I'll have to follow your workaround until Lightroom enables the copyright symbol.



Don, ''she'' is a he.



Thanks again for your responses.



Sincerely,

Jaddie

Sorry, my bad.



Not a name I'm familiar with.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment