Sunday, April 4, 2010

Backup: only 1 file needed (Lightroom...

Am I correct that backing up this one file is all I need to do to backup the database? I ask because LR keeps lots of other files in the same folder (C:\Documents and Settings\Tony\My Documents\My Pictures\Lightroom).
Backup: only 1 file needed (Lightroom...
That one file is the database, yes. The rest of what you are seeing are previews, and they can be regenerated if needed and so don't need to be backed up.



But NOTE: backing up the db does not imply that you have backed up your source images. :-)
Backup: only 1 file needed (Lightroom...
It is assumed that users already a one or more of myriad was to back-up their images already in play.



Ergo, as DW says, You only need LR to back-up its dB.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment