Sunday, April 4, 2010

Lightroom does not recognize Photoshop...

I installed on my notebook and all is well.



However, I installed on my desktop and Lightroom does not see that Photoshop CS2 is installed.



I'm sure a full re-install of CS2 then Lightroom would fix it...but I'm hoping for a less painful way of fixing this?



Thanks!



Greg
Lightroom does not recognize Photoshop...
Ok - right after posting the message, I found my own answer back on the beta messageboard.



Here's how to fix it:



1) Run regedit.exe from start menu-%26gt;run

2) Look for this folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\photoshop.exe



In that folder, there should be a key ''Path'' and its value should be the folder where Photoshop CS2 (or any other Photoshop version) is installed.''



My registry didn't have that folder, so I created it and added a ''Path'' key with the value being the path to Photoshop CS2: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\
Lightroom does not recognize Photoshop...
Good for you Greg, makes me happy to be a Mac user, I have no idea about that sort of thing.

Greg

thanks for the tip.

I have Photoshop Elements 5.0 installed as well as CS2. When LR installed, it found PSE and made it the default editor. By adding the registry settings for PS2 as you described, this has been corrected. The next time I opened LR, CS2 became the default editor.



Thanks

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment