Tuesday, December 6, 2011

That was a surprise, uninstalled beta,...

It's been chugging half an hour now, it shouldnt have found anything at all, at least I dont remember telling it to keep my library when I uninstalled the last beta....
That was a surprise, uninstalled beta,...
It was the default Library location by any chance Sam?
That was a surprise, uninstalled beta,...
Yes, been chugging nearly an hour now. I can hear it but the screen isnt updating.

It takes a bit..

I dont mind it taking a while, I am pissed that it didnt remove it the first time...

Going to bed, letting it run. Dont like leaving my machine on at night but since I've been up till 4am anyway, not much a big deal.

Good for you Sam!!

Enjoy your sleep, off to bed here and it's Monday night!!

%26gt;I dont mind it taking a while, I am pissed that it didnt remove it the first time...



Why would you expect it to ignore information in the default location???



The answer if you wanted a new library was to hold the Option/Alt key at startup and select a brand new library



Richard



--

http://inside-lightroom.com

I expected for the library to be munged when I uninstalled the application the last time or at least to have been given the OPTION to recover that space. Perhaps I missed it during the uninstall process but I dont think so.

%26gt;Perhaps I missed it during the uninstall process but I dont think so.



No, you didn't miss it. There was no option. I even removed all Lightroom folders before installing the trial version and it still found my Library.

Same thing happened to me. I went through the Control Panel to uninstall the beta. I figured that would remove the library as well but it was still there when I installed the trial. My preferences from the beta were also still there which was a pleasant surprise. The really surprising thing is that my shortcut to the beta exe was still there and it still works! Seems like uninstall didn't do anything except maybe remove from registry settings that were preventing the trial installation from running.



None of this seems to have been a problem since the trial is working just fine!

Well, as I learned in my other thread, its easy enough to go to the 'My files' directory and kill the entire Lightroom tree with one right click and one left click. So, no damage done I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment