Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lightroom Cannot find PSCS3

When I installed Lightroom, I had the PSCS3 beta installed and light room was able to export photos to PSCS3 without problem. Now I removed the Beta and installed the real thing. Unfortunately not it has forgotten where to fine PSCS3. Under External editors, it says ''Edit in Adobe Photoshop (not found). How can I fix this? Why isn't there a simple Choose button like there is immediately below?

Thanks,

DaveLightroom Cannot find PSCS3
OS please..Lightroom Cannot find PSCS3
Oh, yea... I guess that would help. You know us arrogant Windows users, we just assume the whole world is using Windows :-).

OS = Windows XP.

I am going to guess that one could just re-load Lightroom but that seems a bit drastic.

Deleting the preferences file is another thing that I thought of but I thought I would ask before I started fiddling around.

Thanks,

Dave
Reinstalling Lightroom as a repair install only takes a few minutes and could well fix this. I did a precautionary repair reinstall of LR and PsCS2 immediately after uninstalling the beta and installing PsCs3, and I've experienced no problems.
I am having the same problem that after I install CS3 and uninstalled CS2 that Lightroom says it can't find Photoshop. I can install CS3 as a secondary editor, but I would like the shortcuts, etc to work. Anyway I tried to ''repair'' lightroom, but when it starts to repair the program, it stops and asks for disk 1. Lightroom only has 1 disk and it is in the drive. If I take it out and put it back in I still get the same message. Any suggestions?
Yep... I get the same response, a dialog box that says ''Please install Disk: 1'' What's up with that? It seems that I got this same thing with PS Elements 5 once and the only solution was to completely uninstall the program and reinstall it.
On Tue, 1 May 2007 10:24:46 -0700, Eric_Wulfsberg@adobeforums.com
wrote:

%26gt;I am having the same problem that after I install CS3 and uninstalled CS2 that Lightroom says it can't find Photoshop. I can install CS3 as a secondary editor, but I would like the shortcuts, etc to work. Anyway I tried to ''repair'' lightroom, but when it starts to repair the program, it stops and asks for disk 1. Lightroom only has 1 disk and it is in the drive. If I take it out and put it back in I still get the same message. Any suggestions?

The problem is most likely related to the fact that Adobe's installer
for CS2 does not do a good job about uninstalling; loads of registry
entries remain in there, leading to conflicts.

Here's a story about it: http://dh2publishing.blogspot.com/ ; several
entries on installing CS3, partly in German, partly in English. Read
the very first, using both languages in one entry.



--
Dierk (sometimes known as Evo2Me)
[DH虏 Publishing]
www.DH2Publishing.info
Writing and Imaging
Solved it. Solution is here:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.3bc3b8ec

Thanks to Don Ricklin
  • worm be healed from phone
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment