Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Am I in trial-expiration limbo?

My LR 30-day trial expired some days ago (a week or so?), but nevertheless LR continues to function, and that is presumably because I have not had occasion (or need) to quit the program since the trial expiration date. I've recently purchased the LR license and await delivery of the ''hard box'' version. In the meantime I've begun to note some quirky behavior--such as no longer being able to edit a file (via LR) in Photoshop CS2. I wonder: is this is a result of operating LR beyond the expiration date? I haven't detected any other abnormal behavior from LR--and since my box set should arrive by the coming Tuesday, I trust it would solve such problems. Anyone else note this kind of post-expiration ''limbo''?
Am I in trial-expiration limbo?
Um... why have you left the program running for a week? That alone is likely the cause of your problems right there.
Am I in trial-expiration limbo?
Because if he quits it it won't restart. past trial date. P.I.Rose. You would have been better off with the download version (you already have it, the trial, and gotten a serial number on line and applied it to what you have. You would be way ahead of the game.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/


P.I.



$10 will get you $100 that if you were to restart your program (assuming you wouldn't get shut out by the 30 day limit) it would come up working just fine.



I think there are a lot of bugs that take restarting the program. I responded to another post about not being able to get the find function to operate correctly and that I had the same problem with mine but restarting cures it ... for awhile anyway.



Now I can't get the quick develope settings to work in the library module. Tried everything I could think of but no luck... Restarted the program AGAIN... and everything is fine.



I hope whoever is monitoring and moderating this forum is keeping track of all the functions that simply cease to operate until you restart the program. I use the MAC version but from what I have read it doesn't seem to make a difference.

''Because if he quits it it won't restart. past trial date.''



Yes, exactly so. :-) In any event I wouldn't expect that simply leaving LR running for a number of days at a time to normally cause problems like this. But I do admit that LR can be quit without much effort and without any of the negative effects that can occur with quitting other apps (e.g., the loss of edit History in PS).



''You would have been better off with the download version (you already have it, the trial, and gotten a serial number on line and applied it to what you have. You would be way ahead of the game.''



Yep, definitely ahead (though not sure about ''way ahead''). It had been my intention to get the download, but couldn't find an option for that when using the academic discount form. Perhaps it was there and I simply missed it.

Well there are those exceptions, like living in the Orient or NZ.



;)



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/


Yes Don, and we love being exceptional down here in NZ !!

No comments:

Post a Comment