Tuesday, December 6, 2011

LR and CS3?

I haven't found any info about installing LR on a PC running CS3. CS3 uses ACR 4.0, and LR 1.0 uses ACR 3.7. I am wondering about conflicts and whether I should uninstall CS3 before installing LR 1.0

Anyone have a link to info on installing LR 1 with CS3 installed? I didn't find anything over at Adobe Labs or at NAPP.

SharonLR and CS3?
LR doesn't 'use' ACR at all. They have compatible code.LR and CS3?
You should be able to pass files back and forth between the two without any problems, where as with the newly released ACR 3.7 some features are not available to ACR 3.7 such as Vibrance, Split Toning, but it doesn't remove the relevant metadata.
Similar question as Sharon's. I assume I do not need to install ACR 3.7 to CS3 beta, only to CS2 and Photoshop Elements 4.0. Assuming that is true, then I have two questions, the first is for ACR 4.0 to read the metadata, do I need to have LR write to sidecars any more or will ACR read the metadata directly? The second question is to have ACR 3.7 read the metadata do I need to write to sidecars. I want to get LR configured properly from the start, but it seems from reading the FAQ on Lightroom Extra that I need to write to sidecars if I am going to use ACR 3.7 but I can see nothing about ACR 4.0.
The FAQ is at www.LightroomExtra.com
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 04:36:30 -0800, JonofSMA %26lt;jonofsma@gmail.com%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;wrote:%26lt;br /%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;%26gt;I assume I do not need to install ACR 3.7 to CS3 beta%26lt;br /%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;I just installed 3.7 for both, CS2 and the CS3 beta; until now it%26lt;br /%26gt;works.%26lt;br /%26gt;%26lt;br /%26gt;Lightroom caught my CS3 install as the Photoshop version to use. No%26lt;br /%26gt;complaints here about that [since I've resolved the flickering cursor%26lt;br /%26gt;at last].
  • how to be friends with a guy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment