Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cropping in Photoshop / Viewing in...

I created a special crop in Photoshop then saved as a PSD. When I view it in Lightroom it distorts to the window shape.



It also distorts when creating a Web Gallery.



What to do?
Cropping in Photoshop / Viewing in...
Please explain a bit more and include system and versions, thanks..
Cropping in Photoshop / Viewing in...
Sure. My apology for the oversight.



Here's the info about my setup:



G5 Quad 4GB RAM

Mac OS 10.4.9

CS3

Ordered Lightroom but currently using most recent Demo.

OK, thanks. How are the crops distorting, can you email me an original and a distorted crop?

service@villageimage.co.nz



I use a similar system, so lets see if we can replicate it..

Will do Geoff. Have to wrap up some deadlines and will then put the files togther to send to you. Thanks!



Linda

Ok, thanks.

Geoff,



I just sent an email your way with a link for downloading these files. They are large and still uploading so you might need to wait about 20 minutes.



I just got my copy of Lightroom. Should I remove the demo before attempting to install it? Any other special instructions since I've been working in the demo?

Don't bother uninstalling it, just register your installed copy using the serial number you received with your purchased copy. The only difference between the trial and purchased versions is the serial number, which turns off the 30 day trial restriction.

Thank you!

OT Question: Does Split Toning really work? It seems to be incomplete at best, and broken otherwise.

''Does Split Toning really work? ''



Absolutely...it works great for color and B%26amp;W images...do you know how to use it?

%26gt; Absolutely...it works great for color and B%26amp;W images...do you know how to use it?



Obviously not. My bad.



Thanks!

Many many humble apologies. Split Toning does work wonderfully!!

Peace offering
%26lt;br /%26gt;
%26lt;br /%26gt;
%26lt;a href=''http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1nEa4dBDvwjFhWzD5bpMpMaStaJhF'' /%26gt;%26lt;/a%26gt;
%26lt;img alt=''Picture hosted by Pixentral'' src=''http://www.pixentral.com/hosted/1nEa4dBDvwjFhWzD5bpMpMaStaJhF_thumb.jpg'' border=''0'' /%26gt;

Very cool, have your files now and will action them as soon as LR has finished an export of 630 images which takes hours !!

Still time for other things!!

Thanks very much Geoff!

Edited:



Correction. I found the answer to the question I just asked... in the Preferences.

Sounds like you are cooking with gas now !!!!

I'm moving right along. :-)

They look ok to me at this end, can you explain your special crop please.

I did pretty much what you had with lens distortion but in LR looked fine

Geoff,



Thank you for testing this.



I'll put together screen shots for you to see. I'll also try trashing my preferences to see if that helps.



Linda

Geoff,
%26lt;br /%26gt;
%26lt;br /%26gt;If I view it in Library Mode it looks normal. If I view it in Develop Mode it is distorted. If I view it in Web Mode it is distorted. If I create a Web Gallery it is distorted in the gallery.
%26lt;br /%26gt;
%26lt;br /%26gt;b Here's a screen shot in Develop Mode:
%26lt;br /%26gt;
%26lt;br /%26gt;
%26lt;a href=''http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1bTpUS7KVRaTGVB3AJWJYOgxMbrO01'' /%26gt;%26lt;/a%26gt;
%26lt;img alt=''Picture hosted by Pixentral'' src=''http://www.pixentral.com/hosted/1bTpUS7KVRaTGVB3AJWJYOgxMbrO01_thumb.jpg'' border=''0'' /%26gt;
%26lt;br /%26gt;
%26lt;br /%26gt;b Here's a screen shot in Library Mode:
%26lt;br /%26gt;
%26lt;br /%26gt;
%26lt;a href=''http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1OlwZqKlDPAhN82I8HkEOLHEzqRyfx'' /%26gt;%26lt;/a%26gt;
%26lt;img alt=''Picture hosted by Pixentral'' src=''http://www.pixentral.com/hosted/1OlwZqKlDPAhN82I8HkEOLHEzqRyfx_thumb.jpg'' border=''0'' /%26gt;

I trashed the Preferences but the problem still exists.

I am having a hard time telling which images are rated and which ones are not in the normal Library Mode. I looked in the preferences but didn't see anything.



What am I overlooking?

My bad again. I found the way to make the ratings show in the Library View Options. Guess all it takes is to post and make myself look like the dummy I too often am... to find the answer. :-)

Definitely something strange there, that is not how it looked to me, hmmmmmm will ponder this and let you know later!!!!

Thank you Geoff!

I hope this is the right thread. I confess that I have not been able to work out exactly what split toning does and how to achieve its effects. I cannot find anything much about it in the help sections. Can anyone please point me in the right direction.?

%26gt;Roger May1 - 1:56am May 6, 07 PST (#27 of 27)



%26gt;I hope this is the right thread. I confess that I have not been able to work out exactly what split toning does and how to achieve its effects. I cannot find anything much about it in the help sections. Can anyone please point me in the right direction.?



Nope wrong hread. You would be better off the start a new one with a tite reflecting you question re: split toning, even thought the subject was brought up here, this thread is more about cropping and veiwing he crop as the title says.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment