Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Lightroom Photo Count

Hello,



I've just begun importing photos into LR. I'm doing it by folder. I'm not certain how this happened, but at this point LR is telling me that I have 2244 photos in my library. But when I take the option to display all photos, it tells me it is displaying 2240 of 2244 and it shows me 2240.



I've gone back to each folder and checked for missing photos and folders and come up with nothing. I don't recall having an abend during an update...but I'm still a new with this SW, so maybe I missed something. Is there an option to validate my library, or the database, or reconnect missing files... to see if that's my problem?



Any ideas?



Regards,

Claudia
Lightroom Photo Count
Somewhere, you've stacked some images...got any folders with a + sign? That's where the stacked images would be.
Lightroom Photo Count
Hello Jeff,



Thanks for the idea...but that's not it. I haven't stacked any images yet. But just to be certain that I didn't inadvertently stack some...I just checked. Nope...no plus signs.



Regards,

Claudia

In grid mode of All Photographs do 'Expand All Stacks' from the Menu or Contextual Menu. If the numbers change, you have a stack somewhere. You may not have deliberately mad a stack but the is autostacking of some image cominations and Clt/Cmd-G will stack selected images in the same folder. This could have been done inadvertantly.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/


Hello Don,



Thank you for the idea. I found the problem. It wasn't stacked photos...but along the same lines. I inadvertently set some ratings by clicking on the hidden stars ....and filtering was enabled. So I was hiding some images.



Problem solved. Thank you for the input.



Regards

Claudia

Claudia,



Are you referring to the text above the filmstrip where it will say ''All Photographs/2240 of 2244 photos''? If so check your filter settings as you may have flagged photos that are excluded by filtering.



Oops: you posted after I started my reply. I'm glad you figured it out.

Concerning these numbers. For the past few days I have been working at completely reorganising my folder structure so that now I have one master folder with multiple sub folders some of which are divided further still. Then I cleaned out all the dng files from the folders that had both dng and the original raw files. Following this I deleted the current database (after saving a copy for emergencies) which had the result of clearing out all used keywords. I then deleted all unused keywords. The result was a clean start with LR.



I then did an 'Import' and selected only the ''Master'' folder which brought in 'X' number of images. What was strange was that although LR brought in ALL the images (shown as All Photographs) it then showed X minus Y under the 'Last Import' dialogue which in fact was 4 less then the total 'Import' of 'X'.



I physically counted all the images in their respective folders and this tallied with that shown under 'All Photographs' in LR.



I still haven't found a reason why the 'Last Import' figure was showing 4 images less when I have only done one (1) Import. I found that shutting down LR and then restarting it cleared the problem but the fact that this problem showed in the first place illustrates that there must be some sort of problem with LR's counting mechanism. As this was almost a fresh install because a New db was created there were obviously no flags/filters etc set. Um!!

Jeff,



Thanks for your insight, I had a similar thing and by Expanding all stacks it all makes sense.



I've found the folder with the cross and am having some trouble identifying which shots are stacked (after Collapsing all stacks again) so I can remove just this single stack. Is there an easier way than scrolling through masses of shots looking for numbers?



D

No comments:

Post a Comment