Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I Gotta be missing something!

Hi all,



I need some help. I'm trying to like Lightroom but it's library doesn't appear to be too dynamic.



Once I import images from a system folder, if I add something new to the original folder then I have to re-import the new image. Is this right?



More to the point, if I rename or delete something in the system (source) folder - Lightoom doesn't pickup any changes unless I remove the folder from the library and re-import the whole thing. This can't be right! What am I missing?



Thanx...



Smitty

rsimages.com
I Gotta be missing something!
%26gt; Once I import images from a system folder, if I add something new to the original folder then I have to re-import the new image. Is this right?



Right. Or just re-import the entire folder. LR will just get the new ones.



You are missing that LR manages those folders and files that you have imported. You should make changed to them from within LR, not with a system-level tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment