Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Creating multiple copies of images...

Anyone know how to create another copy of an image in Lightroom? Ok I get that its supposed to filter and prevent multiple copies, which can be switched off on import to bring multiple copies in.

But, all the images I have processed and saved are organised into folders on my hard drive in a structure that makes sense for online galleries, when I get it updated. So, I have galleries organised by genre, location etc, but for ease of browsing there will be another called favorites.....these will have images copied into that folder.

In lightroom I dont want to move an image to another folder, I want to copy it to another. It seems this cant be done?? oooooooh problem.

The only way I can figure is to copy into my watched folder,but even doing this copy means doing it outside of lightroom.
Creating multiple copies of images...
You could try making collections and or virtual copies in LR and then exporting from those to where you want. Although I find it easier now to just keep the ''master'' and export what I want and then delete.



All the best.......



Enjoy LR !!
Creating multiple copies of images...
Sorry Geoff didnt quite get that, images from a quick collection can be exported into a different folder, and it will show up? Even if the image already exists in Lightroom?

Yes they will, you will need to import the new folder into LR though.

sorry Geoff, what I mean is existing folders already within LR. My understanding is that images will only show if they are imported or if they are in the watched folder. I can export to a new folder then import that, but if I export to an existing folder, does it show automatically or do I have to import that image again?

No auto show, except for the watch. Even if you export to existing folder you have to import them.



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/


Thanks Don....... off to the lounge

Save me a seat.



:)



Don



Don Ricklin, MacBook 1.83Ghz Duo 2 Core running 10.4.9 %26amp; Win XP, Pentax *ist D

http://donricklin.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment